Fueling Excellence Athletes of the Week
Head to our Podcenter to listen to interviews with the athletes below!
- Ehler Somya Soe – Ithaca Soccer – Scored a hat trick in 4-3 win over Vestal including a game-winning goal with 30 seconds left. Also scored in 4-1 win over Corning as Ithaca went 2-1 in the final week of the season.
- Nora Burroughs – Southern Cayuga Cross-Country – Freshman runner who won the IAC North Division Championship by four seconds over senior teammate Sophia Bennett.
- Johnny Sherwood – Newark Valley Cross-Country – Placed 7th out of 317 small school runners at the McQuaid Invitational with a time of 16:33.
- Taylor Benjamin – Newark Valley Field Hockey – Scored 3 goals and tallied 3 assists in a 3-0 week for the Cardinals.
- Zach Taylor – Newfield Boys Soccer – Scored five goals against Watkins Glen and both goals in a 2-1 victory over O-M.
- Hannah Nolan – Odessa-Montour Girls Soccer – Scored four goals in victory over Newfield. Totaled seven goals during a 3-0 week for O-M.
- Nick Thomas – SVEC Football – Tallied 168 total yards and five total touchdowns (four rushing, one passing) in 64-6 win over Moravia.
- Ally Deeley – Dryden Soccer – Had two four-goal games in 3-0 week for Dryden.
- Angelia Scholz – Union Springs Girls Soccer – Scored double-overtime game-winner against Newfield in finals of Cufari Kickoff Tournament.
- Nico Potenza – Trumansburg Boys Soccer – Scored four goals in win over Watkins Glen and added another against Odessa-Montour.
- Tacoma Lee – Moravia Football – Scored two touchdowns including game-winning reception with just 21 seconds left in 36-32 victory over Weedsport.
- Ava Chouman – Ithaca Soccer – Scored five goals in season-opening 6-0 victory over Vestal.