Fueling Excellence Athletes of the Week
Head to our Podcenter to listen to interviews with the athletes below!
- Thalia Marquez – Watkins Glen Girls Swimming – freshman who won the Section IV Championship in both the 200 and 500 yard freestyle events as part of WG’s fourth straight Section IV Championship. Also was a part of the victorious 200 yard medley and 400 yard freestyle relay teams.
- Thomas Sauer – Ithaca Boys Cross-Country – won his individual race and finished 12th overall at the Section IV end-of-season meet
- Ben Vincent – Lansing Football – ran for 185 yards and 5 touchdowns in win over Elmira-Notre Dame.
- Grace Kadlecik – Lansing Swimming – set school records in both 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke at the IAC Championships, breaking the IAC record in the butterfly.
- Casey Phillips – Dryden Boys Soccer – scored 100th career goal in 1-0 win over Lansing and scored both goals in 2-1 win over Owego.
- Savannah Walden – Trumansburg Volleyball – had 24 kills in 3-2 victory over Lansing to win season series 2-1.
- Hunter Haynes – SVEC Football – ran for 249 yards and five touchdowns in victory over previously unbeaten Newfield. Also intercepted the ball once.
- Ava Wilder – Lansing Girls Soccer – defender who scored crucial PK in win over previously unbeaten Dryden, holding them to just one goal.
- Bri Beebe – Newark Valley Girls Soccer – scored five goals in two games including a four-goal game against Odessa-Montour.
- Brandon Vanacore – Southern Cayuga Boys Soccer – made 18 saves in a 1-0 overtime victory over previously undefeated Marathon, the defending state champions.
- Jacob Humble – Newfield Football – threw for 143 yards and 4 touchdowns and ran for 121 yards and 2 touchdowns in season-opening 74-16 win over TAE.
- Hannah Nolan – Odessa-Montour Soccer – scored hat trick in season-opening win 5-2 over Tioga.
Kalib Manning – Groton Boys Basketball – scored 1,000th career point in game against Ithaca.
Kelly Moravec – Newfield Girls Basketball – scored 1,000th career point in game against Newark Valley.
- Thomas Kopelson – Ithaca Boys Hockey – scored hat trick and two assists in season-opening game vs. Auburn then scored another goal against Cortland/Homer.
- Braelyn Hornick – Candor Girls Basketball – had 21-point, 14-rebound double-double in upset victory over Owego. Also had 11-point, 20-rebound double-double against S-VE to set career-high in rebounds.
- Brooke Tillotson – Marathon Girls Basketball – tallied multiple 30+ point games to start the season and moved to third on the school’s all-time scoring list as a junior.
- Josh Duke – Newark Valley Wrestling – dominated both of his matches in the season-opening tri-meet against SVEC and Thomas A. Edison while wrestling in a higher weight class than usual.