ESPN Ithaca – WPIE – Vizella Media, LLC
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
ESPN Ithaca – WPIE
3100 N. Triphammer Road, Suite 100
Lansing, NY 14882
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
1. Contest Rules:
a. How to Enter: All contest entries must follow the instructions given on-air by the personalities conducting the contest and/or follow all instructions listed on the station’s website.
b. How to Play: All contestants must follow all instructions given either on-air, online, or both.
c. Station management will serve as the sole contest judge(s), and all decisions are final.
d. Any attempt by a contestant or other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt or damage ordinary and normal operation of this contest, telephone systems, or website, or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, station reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
e. Station may modify prizes, dates, times, and rules at any time, at its sole discretion, and will announce such changes on-air and/or online at station’s convenience.
f. The station disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the contest.
a. All Prizes will be clearly stated online, on-air, or both.
b. Station reserves the right to bundle prizes together, and will clearly denote any “prize packages” in advance of the contest either on-air or online.
c. All prizes must be claimed at the station unless otherwise specified.
d. If a winner is disqualified or cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the station, WPIE reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, determine an alternate winner or
to not award that winner’s prize.
e. Prizes are not transferable nor exchangeable for any other prize.
f. Station reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value in the event that previously advertised prize is unavailable for any reason.
a. Only one winner is allowed per household every thirty (30) days.
b. Each winner has ten (10) business days from the date of winning to claim their prize at the station during normal business hours.
c. Each winner must produce a valid photo ID and sign a release to claim their prize.
d. All winners must reside in the station’s terrestrial broadcast listening area.
e. Odds of winning depend on the number of participants.
a. Employees of Vizella Media, LLC, its affiliates, advertising agencies, participating sponsors, promotional partners, other local area radio stations, and members of their immediate families
and anyone residing within the same household are ineligible to win prizes.
i. Immediate family includes siblings, spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation, or other family extension.
b. Winners may be subject to an identity verification process, including but not limited to social security number, photo ID, name, address, and/or phone number.
c. No purchase necessary.
d. A parent or guardian may sign a release on behalf of any minor, but station reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to or on behalf of a minor at its sole discretion.
e. Only one winner per household may win a prize or a collection of prizes totaling $600 in value every ninety (90) days.
f. Only one entry is allowed per person, unless otherwise noted in specific contest rules.
g. All entries become the property of the company and will not be returned.
5. Telephone Disclaimer: Station disclaims any liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the company’s control, or otherwise. The station is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the internet, or any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest.
6. Publicity: Use of Personal Information: By participating, all contestants and winner(s) grant the company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the contest, participants agree that the station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes on a worldwide basis in perpetuity.
7. Release: By participating in the contest, each participant and winner(s) waives any and all claims of liability against the station, its employees and agents, the contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the company as well as all tax forms.
8. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize(s) will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. Legal Compliance: The conduct of all station contests is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.